Baking in the Instant Pot is fun. These easy Instant Pot cinnamon rolls can allow you to make the rolls without an oven. This is also a no-rise recipe and does not use yeast.
To make cinnamon rolls in the InstaPot, you will need an Instant Pot Springform Pan and Instant Pot Trivet The Instant Pot comes with a trivet, but some like to replace it with a heavier duty one. You will also need aluminum foil for this recipe and a paper towel. The paper towel is necessary to soak up moisture while the rolls are pressure cooking.
Making these cinnamon roles is much the same as making them for oven baking, but instead of going in the oven, the rolls are placed in the spring form pan and the pan covered with foil. Foli can also be used to make a sling for removing the pan, learn how to do that here: Instant Pot Foil Sling.
Pressure cook for 23 minutes and use natural release. The rolls are particularly tasty when frosted.
You can serve your Instant Pot cinnamon rolls without frosting as well. Some people like to lightly sugar them.
If you prefer a keto version or would like to make Cinnamon rolls the old fashioned way, check out this keto cinnamon rolls recipe from Explorer Momma. It got me thinking that I should make an Instant Pot adaptation of a keto version. Her recipe would likely adapt fine to the Instant Pot. If anyone tries that let me know!
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/8 tsp cloves ground
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for rolling
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together light brown sugar, 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon melted butter until moistened. Set aside
- In a cup, mix 2 tablespoons melted butter into the buttermilk
- Brush 1 tablespoon melted butter on the bottom and sides of a 7-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make a large divot in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk and butter mix
- Mix until a dough is formed
- Place dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth
- Roll the dough into a 9x12 rectangle
- Brush the dough with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle the filling on top
- Pat the filling down, leaving 1/4 inch around the edge of the dough
- Roll the dough lengthwise into a log
- Cut the log into 6 pieces
- Place one piece in the center of the pan and the remaining 5 around it
- Brush the tops of the rolls with 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Add 2 cups water in the bowl of the Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot
- Using a long piece of foil, folded lengthwise into thirds, create a sling to easy remove your pan by placing the foil into your Instant Pot with the ends poking out on both sides
- Place a paper towel on top of the springform pan, lightly cover with a piece of foil, and lower the pan into the Instant Pot
- Fold the ends of the foil sling over the top of the pan
- Close lid and set to "sealing"
- Cook on high pressure for 23 minutes. Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for 15 minutes
- Remove the pan using the foil sling. Let cool 10 minutes
- Remove the cinnamon rolls by pushing them out from the bottom (remove the bottom of your springform pan)
- Mix the softened cream cheese and 2 tablespoons milk
- Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth
- Spread the icing over the top of the instant pot cinnamon rolls