These air fryer apple fritters can be made in any air fryer or in your Instant Vortex or Instant Pot Omni. What I love about making fritters in the air fryer, is the quick six-minute air fry time!
The air fryer also gets the fritters nicely crispy without using a bunch of oil!
Air Fryer Apple Fritters
I prefer to use a mix of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples for my fritters, but you can use any type of apple. I have made these with all Gala apples before too.
You can vary the size of the fritters as well to best fit your air fryer. In the Vortex, I like to do four per tray and switch trays part way through. Sometimes this requires increasing the cook a time a bit, so keep an eye on them. In the Omni, I do about 8 on a single tray. You might be more limited in space if you have a basket-style air fryer.
Serving Apple Fritters
I strongly suggest serving your apple fritters warm, straight from the air fryer. they tend to lose their crispiness if you store them. With that said though, I have frozen them before and crisped them back up in the air fryer. But I think they taste best when fresh and warm.
Apple fritters are great for breakfast. Try serving them as a compliment to air fryer granola!
Want a vegan air fryer apple fritter? Try using this recipe and baking in the air fryer instead on in oil. It looked to me like it should adapt well.
Below is the recipe.
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/4 C dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/3 C. half & half
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tblsp vanilla
- 1 honeycrisp apple cubed
- 1 granny smith apple cubed
- 4 Tblsp butter
- 1 C powdered sugar sifted
- 1-3 Tblsp half and half
- 1 Tblsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, wisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, half & half, vinegar and vanilla .
- Mix wet and dry together, use a spatula, until just incorporated.
- Add in apple . Fold into the batter.
- Preheat oven on air fry to 400°
- Lightly spray parchment with nonstick spray.
- Place1/4 cup mounds of the fritter batter onto the parchment.
- Slide the parchment with the fritters into your air fryer insert and lightly spray the tops with nonstick spray or ghee.
- Air Fry for 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn fritters over, and continue air frying for 1 to 2 more minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack set into a rimmed metal baking sheet
- Make The Glaze:
- Heat butter in a small pan over med to med-low, stir often, until butter browns and smells nutty.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar.
- Whisk while pouring in half & half
- Add in vanilla. Continue whisking until smooth
- Spoon glaze over top of fritters.
- Serve fresh and warm
The recipe uses approximately 10 ounces of apples.