Mac and Cheese is great by itself. It is even better with bacon. And it is even better yet when made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. This Instant Pot bacon mac and cheese recipe serves up a bowl of comfort food within minutes. The sauce is creamy and, by using canned evaporated milk the recipe has less fat than a recipe that utilizes heavy cream.
This recipe uses a combination of cheddar and Gouda cheeses, but you can easily adjust it to whatever cheese mix that you prefer. Using all cheddar is a popular option, or try mixing in some pepper jack to give your Instant Pot Mac and Cheese a little bit of a spicy kick.
See also our Instant Pot Duo Crisp Mac and Cheese Recipe!
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni pasta
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Gouda cheese
- black pepper to taste
- Add chopped bacon to the Instant Pot and sauté for 8 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and add the pasta, water, butter, and salt.
- Close and lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes cook time
- Quick release to vent
- Remove lid and stir in the evaporated milk, cheeses and black pepper.
- Using the sauté setting, cook for about 4 minutes or until the cheese had melted, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bacon and serve warm
- Garnish with additional bacon if desired