This Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli recipe is a favorite among readers. It is a great easy dinner and super tasty! It also can be made as a regular beef and broccoli dinner or with the suggested substitutions, it can be made keto and low carb.
Keto Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
I love beef and broccoli, and being on a low carb diet, I also love that I can make a Keto Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli version that is also gluten free, no sugar no grains (NSNG) and Whole 30 complaint. How to do that? It is easy! Simply substitute the cornstarch with arrowroot powder and the soy sauce with coconut aminos. Coconut aminos are really awesome as a soy sauce replacement. I think it tastes the same and you get rid of the grain and sugars from soy.
I like to make beef and broccoli without a ton of sauce since I usually eat it without rice. This recipe has you remove it with a slotted spoon to allow for that. If serving with rice (not Keto or Whole 30 etc. compliant) Then more sauce is often desired. Then, simply use as much as you like from the Instant Pot.
Want a good keto steak recipe that is easy but does not use the Instant Pot? Try these keto foil packets.
I also have more keto Instant Pot recipes!
- 1-1.5 pounds flank steak
- 3 crowns of broccoli florets
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ½ cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Slice flank steak thinly against the grain
- Heat olive oil in Instant Pot in sauté mode
- Microwave broccoli florets for 3 minutes in a microwave safe dish filled half way with water
- Drain broccoli water and set aside
- Sear sliced beef in batches, around 1 minute on each side
- Transfer beef to a plate
- Add minced garlic to the instant pot and sauté 1 minute
- Add beef broth, soy sauce or coconut aminos, sesame oil, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper
- Add the beef and juices from plate, close the lid, and set to seal
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 10 minutes
- Quick release
- Return the instant pot to "sauté" mode and wisk in cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Add the broccoli and stir until the sauce begins to thicken
- Remove beef and broccoli with a slotted spoon and arrange on plates
- Continue to saute the liquid until thick
- Pour sauce over the beef and broccoli as desired.