Chicken is perfect in the Instant Pot, and I particularly love Asian chicken. The sticky, soy based sauce is always so good. That is what makes this Instant Pot Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken recipe such a winner. If you make this with Sriracha, it will be nicely spicy. If you prefer mild, simply leave the Sriracha out! This also doesn’t use a ton of specialty Asian sauces, and focuses on the more common soy, Sriracha, and ketchup.
I use chicken thighs for this recipe, keeping the skins, as they tend to be the most flavorful part of the bird. But you can use other parts if you prefer such as drumsticks, wings, or breasts. Breasts will sometimes be drier, but I find that the Instant Pot is great for working to prevent that.
I like a lot of spice, so I tend to add two teaspoons of Sriracha to my recipe. You can adjust it or leave it out as desired. By the way, this sauce works really well with pork chops too.
Finally, if you prefer a thinner sauce, omit the corn starch. I like my sauce to be thick and stick to the chicken, so I mix up a bit of cornstarch in water and stir it into the Instant Pot on saute mode for a few minutes to thicken things up. When you are ready to serve, garnish with some sesame seeds. I often serve this with a salad or with green beans and almonds, which seem to mix nicely with spicy Asian meat dishes.
Enjoy! Want more chicken recipes? Chick out our curated list of recipes from other blogs!
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (increase to 2 for more spice, omit for mild)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 to 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl whisk honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, Sriracha, ketchup, oregano, and parsley, and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil on sauté mode.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and saute until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the sauce mix to the pot, cover, and lock the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes
- Use natural release.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate.
- Mix cornstarch with a small amount of water to form a slurry or paste and add to the pot.
- Cook on saute mode until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and garnish with sesame seeds.