I love how so many different things can be made in the Instant Pot. That includes making lasagna! Yes, you can make Instant Pot Lasagna. You can even get good edges on it. To make lasagna in the InstaPot, you will need a Instant Pot Springform Pan and Instant Pot Trivet The Instant Pot comes with a trivet, or you can replace it with a heavier duty one.
This lasagna is made in about 55 minutes, and you do not have to preboil noodles. You can also prepare the the lasagna, freeze it, and then put it straight into the pot later for a quick dinner.
Can’t find no-boil lasagna noodles? Actually, using regular ones will normally work, just make sure that they get coated in sauce. Want to have some fun? Use a mini pot and make it look like a rabbit!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles, broken into large pieces
- 1½ cups marinara sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) package Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- Mix Ricotta cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and the select Saute function.
- Heat olive oil and add ground beef, onion, Italian seasoning mix, garlic powder, and salt.
- Saute until thoroughly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Drain grease and transfer beef to a bowl. Mix with Marinara sauce
- Wash the pot and return it to the Instant Pot.
- Pour 1½ cup water into the pot. Set the metal trivet inside.
- Arrange lasagna pieces over bottom of a 6-inch springform pan.
- Ladle ⅓ the marinara/meat mixture on top; add ⅓ of the Ricotta mix and ¼ the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat layers until reaching the top of the pan.
- Tent the lasagna loosely with aluminum foil. Lower it gently onto the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions
- Set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
- Unlock and remove lid.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Transfer the springform pan to a baking sheet.
- Broil until cheese on top is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.