Instant Pot (aka Instapot) Review
The Instapot is a multi-functional pressure cooker. It is not only a pressure cooker, it also works as a slow cooker, rice maker, yogurt maker, and egg cooker. It can also be used for sauteing and browning, steaming, warming, and sterilizing. You can even make cake in some models. Thus, you can replace a number of other kitchen appliances with it, making it great for students and people with limited kitchen space. As a pressure cooker, it can cook quickly, and allows a person to make recipes fast that would normally take all day to cook. That makes it great for busy families as well. It is the best pressure cooker available on Amazon.com.
With controlled cooking cycles, the InstaPot cooks food in a completely sealed environment, which keeps food nutritious and good tasting. The Instant Pot is also energy efficient. It is designed to not exceed needed temperatures and to use less water than would be used with traditional cooking or steaming.
The Instant Pot is available in multiple sizes; 3 quart, 6 quart, and 8 quart. I have a 6 quart one, and it is perfect for my family of two. If you have more than 4 people in your family, or if you like to cook in large quantities and then freeze, I recommend that you purchase an 8 quart pot.
Easy to Use
The Instant Pot is incredibly easy to use. The controls and settings are as simple as pushing the correct button. The time shows how many minutes are left. The manual is easy to read and understand.
Pressure cookers can seem scary at first. But the InstaPot is much safer than old-style pressure cookers. It is designed with safety in mind. A magnetic sensor ensures that the lid is positioned properly. The lid includes a a safety lock that prevents it from opening while under pressure, and there is a pressure regulator that keeps the pressure within safe limits. It has smart detection features to check for any steam leakage. As further safety controls, excess pressure protection technology sends any excess pressure to an internal chamber. If electric current or pressure exceeds the safety limits, a fuse cuts off the power.
Before moving on to the models and detailed instant pot review, let’s take a look at key features:
- Easy to Read and Use Control Panel
- Up to 16 built-in programs such as include soup, meat/stew, yogurt, porridge, rice, eggs, cake and more.
- 24 hrs Delay Start Timer
- Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- 3 ply stainless steel pot
- 3 Temperature settings for Saute and Slow Cooking
- Automatic keep-warm settings
- Energy efficient
- Multiple built-in safety mechanisms
The Instant Pot Duo Plus and Ultra add additional features such as:
- Altitude adjustment (Ultra)
- Cake, Egg and Sterilize Controls (also on the 6 and 8 Qt. Lux V3)
- Easy cooking program selection with a dial mechanism
- Cooking process indicator (Ultra)
- Steam release reset button for both continuous and pulse steam release
- Custom programming to remember you favorite settings (also available on the Duo Plus).
The Smart InstaPot adds bluetooth control.
Below is a comparison of the key features on each model.
Instant Pot Models and Comparison