This apple crisp can be made in 15 minutes with the Instant Pot! It is super easy and super tasty, especially if you serve it with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
For best results, be sure to peel your apples and and chop them into rather small pieces. You don’t even need any special spring form pans or such for this. Everything just goes into the InstaPot and then after 8 minutes of pressure it is done. Beats 30-40 minutes in the oven any day!
- 5 medium sized apples, peeled and chopped into bite-sized peices
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats (such as Quaker Oatmeal)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Place apple pieces in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pout the water and maple syrup on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, oats, flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Drop the mixture by the spoonful on top of the apples.
- Attach the lid to the pot and using the manual setting, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Use a natural release.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve warm with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.