The Instant Vortex Plus is a great air fryer choice that already has a few included accessories, including the awesome rotisserie basket. But, what if you want to bake in it, or how can you deal with hot pans? There are some really great air fryer accessories out there that will work well as Instant Vortex Plus accessories.
This post provides both tips for identifying accessorizes that will work well in the Vortex Plus, where to find them, and then includes a list of suggested products.
If you are looking for more basic information on the Vortex Plus, be sure to read my Instant Vortex Plus review.
How to Find Instant Vortex Plus Accessories
When looking for accessories, there are a couple of key considerations. Of most importance is size and materials. Obviously you want the accessories that you buy to fit in the Vortex, and some materials, especially glass, are not always particularly recommended for air fryers.
Then, where to look to find accessories is a consideration. Some sources are more trusted than others or are more likely to have mini or compact cookware that will fit in air fryers like the Vortex.
Instant Vortex Accessories Size and Materials
When shopping for accessories, keep these tips in mind in order to get items that will both fit well in the air fryer and will be of appropriate materials.
(1) Consider the internal size of the Vortex: The inside measurements of the Vortex are roughly 8 3/4″ deep x 10″ wide x 7″ high. That is based on my own measurements. To be safe, I would not purchase pans or other items that exceed about 8 1/2″x 9 1/2″. Square 8×8 pans fit in it just fine!
Round items that fit the Instant Pot pressure cookers will usually also fit fine in the vortex. For example, I have used round my springform pan bought for my 6 Qt Instant Pot just fine in the Vortex.
Look for the terms “mini” or compact” is the packaging and sales pages. Those often signal smaller items that might fit your air fryer.
(2) You often need air space: If purchasing deep items, such as baskets, consider that you want air space between the top of the item and the fan and that you often want air circulation underneath. So, a basket would likely best be put on a tray set on the lowest rack position in order to leave air space below it. That in turn reduces the space between the the rack and the top to around 5 inches. Keep that measurement in mind when shopping.
(3) Take the construction materials into account: Typically, manufacturers will say that you can use any oven-safe dish or pan in an air fryer, including oven-safe glass such as Pyrex. However, there are reports of Pyrex shattering, and the quick heating and circulating hot air in an air fryer can cause glass to crack or break. So make sure that glass is oven safe, and even then, use it and Pyrex with caution. Of utmost importance though is to not use standard glass items that are not labeled as oven-safe in your Vortex.
Teflon is of concern to some people. It works just fine in the air fryer, but if you prefer to avoid it, look for stainless steel, aluminum, ceramic or other oven-safe pans and dishes.
Another item that can cause problems is parchment paper. While there are parchment paper liners with holes in them for air fryers, make sure that they are well weighed down with food. If not, the paper can fly around the air fryer due to the circulation from the fan and burn in the heating element.
(4) Look for silicone items: For baking and for use as hot pads and oven mitts, silicone items work very well. I love to bake with silicone muffin cups, and my silicone waffle molds are awesome! I included them in the list of suggested products at the end of this post.
Where to find Vortex Air Fryer accessories
There are some particularly good sources for purchasing air fryer accessories. Some online and some in-store.
Places that reportedly have good air fryer accessories that will work for the Instant Vortex include the following:
- Walmart: Walmart has several different small pan items in store that will fit the Vortex. Keep the dimensions in mind and look for small items. This can be a nice way to pick up a few muffin tins or baking pans or dishes. A bonus is that Walmart is very affordable!
- Aldi: Aldi has often has in stock mini bundt pans and mini baking pans and trays. Like Walmart, Aldi is affordable, and the quality of their pans has reportedly been quite good.
- Other big box and department stores: All of the big box stores and department stores, such as Target and Macy’s etc will carry silicone baking items and various accessories that might work well in your Vortex Plus.
When shopping online, Amazon is an excellent source. A search for Air Fryer accessories will pull up many selections, including a lot of good value sets with multiple products. Walmart is also a decent source for online shopping. Below are general links to searches that might help you on those sites, but further below is a list of specific products that I like.
Amazon.com Instant Vortex Accessories (Note that not everything in this search will work. Keep the above tips in mind when browsing products!)
Walmart Air Fryer Accessories (This is a very general search, so keep the above tips in mind)
Top Instant Pot Vortex Plus Accessories
So, with all of the above tips in mind, here is a list of some of the best air fryer accessories that you can try in your Instant Vortex Plus.
Instant Pot Cooking is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.