I love sweet potatoes, and I especially love them mashed. But I do not particularly care for recipes that add sugar and such to them to make them even sweeter. This recipe avoids that and spices the sweet potatoes up instead.
Pressure cooking the potatoes in the Instant Pot makes it nice and easy to make everything quickly in one pot. This recipe uses a blend of savory herbs. If you are not a fan of any of them, simply leave them out. This recipe taste fine without the added spices. Serve with extra butter.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Peel potatoes and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Place a rivet in bottom of pressure cooker and place potatoes and garlic on top
- Add water and set to high pressure for 9 minutes
- Quick release and drain
- Mash the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher or electric mixer.
- Stir in the herbs, milk, butter, and Parmesan until combined and butter is melted