Candied pecans are super addictive. It is hard to stop eating them and they tend to be rather pricey at the store. This Instant Pot Candy Pecan recipe is perfect because it allows you to make them quickly and easily and also much more affordably. I love to use candied pecans as party snacks. They also are great as side items on charcuterie plates. Some like to use them on salads. This recipe does not add sugar to the pecans, but you can also sugar them. If you wish to do so, mix 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown sugar and sprinkle the pecans with it after they have baked. Then allow them to cool fully before eating.
- 4 cups pecans
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Put all ingredients except the water into the Instant Pot.
- Saute until the pecans are tender, stiring constantly to prevent burning
- Add 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook on high pressure for 10 minutes
- Quick Release the pressure
- Remove pecans from the pot and spread on a baking sheet
- Bake at 375 for 5 minutes, monitor for burningf
- Flip the pecans over and bake for 5 minutes more, monitoring for burning
- Allow to cool fully before bagging or eating