I love beef stroganoff, so I was intrigued when I saw some Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup recipes. I decided to play around with a couple of my favorite beef stroganoff recipes and make my own beef stroganoff soup! There is also already a traditional Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe on this site too, if you are interested in that also.
I used whole wheat egg noodles for this recipe, but you can really use whatever you like for pasta. Penne or Rotini would work just fine. I cut up some round beef roast for the meat, or you can buy pre-cut stew meat.
I made this by cooking the noodles in the soup after it pressure cooked. If you use a hearty noodle, such as macaroni, you can pressure cook it with the noodles already in the soup. I have done so, adjusting to around 15 minutes time under pressure and a quick release, but I think the beef is more tender and tastes better the longer you can be patient and cook it longer.
This is an easy Instant Pot recipe, but it does take longer than 30 minutes of overall preparation and cooking time if made per the recipe. It came out perfectly creamy!
Garnish with some Parmesan cheese to fancy it up. It was a hit in my house, so I have and will be making it again!
- 1.5 pounds stew meat
- 6 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bellas)
- 8 ounces noodles
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup corn starch
- Using the saute function, brown the stew meat in the pot
- Combine stew meat, beef broth, bouillon granules, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pressure Cook on high pressure 20 minutes.
- Use natural release for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, and switch Instant Pot to soup or saute mode.
- Stir together sour cream and 1 cup of broth from the Instant Pot until smooth.
- Stir mixture back into the pot and add the mushrooms and noodles.
- Cook until noodles are softened.
- Whisk together milk and corn starch in a bowl.
- Whisk corn starch mixture into the Instant Pot until soup thickens.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.