This Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta was an immediate hit in my household. It is creamy, delicious, and also a super easy dump and go recipe that is ready in about half an hour max. The use of ranch dressing mix gives the recipe great flavor. It is a bit reminiscent of carbonara in flavor.
A few notes on this recipe. First, it is important to use heavy cream if you want to pressure cook the cream with the pasta. Replacing it with milk will curdle. Basically milk does not hold up well under pressure, but cream generally holds up fine because of its higher fat content.
Second, use real, fresh Parmesan cheese for this, not the grated stuff that you find on the shelf. It tastes so much better that way!
Third, when adding the noodles to the pot, do not stir them in. You want them at the top part of the liquid. But, make sure that they are covered with liquid. I usually press them into the liquid and add a bit of broth if needed to get them submerged.
I used rotisserie chicken in this recipe, but it can be made using a raw chicken breast just as easily. The recipe as written is perfect for two to three people. You can easily double it for more. I could have made double in my 6 Qt Duo just fine.
If you like this recipe and want something similar, but made as a traditional casserole, check out the various crack chicken recipes out there. Crack chicken casserole is a good example. It too is a great use for leftover rotisserie chicken and also incorporates ranch dressing, but is not a pasta dish.
This Instant Pot chicken bacon ranch pasta is a rather decadent dish! It is great for a quick but special dinner!
- 1 chicken breast cut into cubes or shredded from rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic (jarred or dried, try two cloves if fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb linguine noodles broken in half
- 1 package dry ranch mix
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- Combine the broth, heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken and stir.
- Place the pasta on top of the chicken in the liquid, making sure that the pasta is covered with liquid (press the pasta into the liquid and add additional both if necessary).
- Pressure cook on manual HIGH for 6 minutes
- Use natural release for 6 minutes followed by quick release.
- Stir in the dry ranch dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add shredded Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and the sauce thickens.
- Top with bacon and serve